We are looking for a software engineer to join a team creating all sorts of custom integrations for the customer’s SaaS platform and 3rd-party providers ranging from a couple of hundreds to tens of thousands of active users. The main principles of our work are software reliability and helping the user to achieve their goals. You will have plenty of opportunities to work in the microservices architecture with cutting edge technologies.
Our customer is one of the best technology companies in the USA (Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” Top-10). The company has a great engineering culture, carried by four great teams in Boston, Dublin, Lviv, and Minsk.
The platform consists of thousands of microservices built with Java 11, a lightweight DropWizard framework, and Google Guice dependency injection. It’s huge and you’ll have to deal with a lot of other stuff like Kafka, Amazon SQS, S3, HBase and much more. Front-end is several single-page applications built with ECMAScript 6, React, and Sass. The Platform Team built up the state of the art infrastructure that allows developers to deploy their code to QA and Production with literally 3 button clicks — you will be able to spend all of your time designing and developing software — there is nothing easier than triggering a build and merge here.
• 2+ years experience in software development and with Java 8 platform
• Excellent understanding of the OO design/programming paradigm
• Solid background in computer science and programming
• Strong knowledge of databases and networks
• At least intermediate English
• Front-end development experience (Angular, React or other frameworks)
• Good understanding of unit testing/test automation
• Being a Linux power user
• Communicate directly with product management and peers in Boston and Dublin to shape out requirements
• Create new and extend existing microservices using Java 11, DropWizard and whatever technology/tools required to complete a particular task
• Cover your code with all kinds of automation tests (unit, integration, acceptance, API, end-to-end)
• Deploy working results to stage environment
• Professional development support (books, online courses, conferences, certifications, English classes, and clubs)
• Work in the comfortable office (no open space policy, nice relax/sports areas, spaciously bar/kitchen, shower, mini-laundry)
• Flexible working hours and WFH policy (upon agreement with the teammates)
• Home office setup compensation
• Competitive salary
• Variety of tea flavors, unlimited coffee, fruits, and free lunches