We are looking for a software engineer to join a HubSpot engineering team creating all sorts of custom integrations for the customer’s SaaS platform and 3rd-party providers ranging from a couple of hundreds to tens of thousands of active users. The main principles of our work are software reliability and helping the user to achieve their goals. You will have plenty of opportunities to work in the microservices architecture with cutting-edge technologies.
HubSpot is one of the best technology companies in the USA (Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” Top-10). HubSpot has a great engineering culture, carried by great teams in the USA, Ireland, Germany, Ukraine, Belarus and Armenia.
The platform consists of thousands of microservices built with Java 17, lightweight DropWizard framework, and Google Guice dependency injection. It’s huge and you’ll have to deal with a lot of other stuff like Kafka, Amazon SQS, S3, HBase, and much more. Front-end is single-page applications built with ECMAScript 6, React, and Sass. Approximately 1000 Front-end repositories. The Platform Team built up the state of the art infrastructure that allows developers to deploy their code to QA and Production with literally 3 button clicks — you will be able to spend all of your time designing and developing software — there is nothing easier than triggering a build and merge here.
• 3+ years working with Java
• Excellent understanding of the OO design/programming paradigm
• Solid background in computer science and programming
• Strong knowledge of databases and networks
• At least intermediate English
• Front-end development experience (React or other modern JS frameworks)
• Good understanding of unit testing/test automation
• Communicate directly with product management and peers in Boston and Dublin, other HubSpot development teams to shape out requirements
• Create new and extend existing microservices using Java 17, DropWizard, and whatever technology/tools required to complete a particular task
• Cover your code with all kinds of automation tests (unit, integration, acceptance, API, end-to-end)
• Fully own the software you’ve developed. We design, develop, test, release, and support our software in both stage and production environments
• Professional development support (books, online courses, conferences, certifications, English classes, and clubs)
• Flexible working hours and WFH policy (upon agreement with the teammates)
• Home office setup compensation
• Medical insurance or sports compensation
• 20 business days of paid vacation, additional vacation in case of baby birth
• Sick leaves compensation
• Maternity/paternity leave
• Corporate events and team-buildings
• Competitive salary
• Free lunches