We are looking for a Software Engineer to join a dedicated development team for the US startup, which developed and operates the industry’s most robust and flexible cloud-based platform for the management of electric vehicle (EV) charging stations and the drivers that use them. The platform provides charge station-agnostic command & control; enterprise and energy systems integration via an open API; driver communications and support; and demand-response functionality across multiple charging networks.
During this project, you’ll be working with features like SaaS platform to manage EV charging stations (configuration, monitoring, visualization) and drivers’ (hybrid) mobile applications. You will work with Microservices (Java) and REST API, also have a deal with challenging business logic.
Technology-wise, it’s a number of services (Java 8, Spring 5, Spring Cloud) communicating via a messaging system (for now, we migrate from Amazon SQS to Apache Kafka) + a few UI apps (React based). MongoDB (+ Amazon S3) is used as a (file) storage. We also have a mobile application and keep all our stuff at Amazon/AWS.
• 3+ years experience in software development
• 2+ years working with Java
• Excellent understanding of the OO design/programming paradigm
• Solid background in computer science and programming
• Strong knowledge of databases and networks
• At least intermediate English
• Front-end development experience (Angular, React or other frameworks)
• Good understanding of unit testing/test automation
• Being a Linux power user
Actual tasks may vary from implementing an industry standard protocols to let our system interact with power supply companies/power plants to mobile apps which allow EV drivers to locate and operate with charging stations.
• Professional development support (books, online courses, conferences, certifications, English classes, and clubs)
• Work in the comfortable office (no open space policy, nice relax/sports areas, spaciously bar/kitchen, shower, mini-laundry)
• Flexible working hours and WFH policy (upon agreement with the teammates)
• Competitive salary
• Variety of tea flavors, unlimited coffee, fruits, and free lunches