We are looking for a Data Scientist to join an engineering team for the US startup which is going to positively impact millions of people.
Medicare is confusing, constantly changing, and has many options. We want to make it easy. Our vision is to connect people with the right health plan and maximize their benefits. We want to improve health outcomes by empowering members to take control of their healthcare.
We are at the start of our journey after raising millions of dollars from leading insurance companies and venture capital firms. Join our team of passionate people to help us make our vision a reality.
You will work in a highly collaborative idea meritocracy, advancing a truly data-driven strategy. It’s an opportunity to implement complex quantitative principles, test, and experiment, and rapidly iterate.
If you constantly think about how to measure, forecast, and simulate the real world, and how to automate complex processes, this is an opportunity for you to deploy your ideas in the real world in weeks, not years.
You’ll learn marketing economics, create production models to predict and improve outcomes, explore new datasets in search of information others miss, design and deploy experiments in search of process optimizations, and simulate complex systems to accelerate the pace of change.
• 4+ years of experience in Data Science
• Strong quantitative background
• Degree in mathematics, economics, physics, data science, or similar
• Strong business sense (maximizing profit, managing risk)
• Practical experience in the commercial use of advanced math
• Experience using code for quantitative/statistical analysis (Python, R, etc)
• Comfort with large datasets and SQL, and a gift for data discovery
• The ability to understand complex processes and describe them mathematically through systems of equations or simulations.
• Self-direction, and the ability to learn new concepts quickly
• Experience using BI tools like PowerBI, Tableau, etc.
• Direct personal experience predicting and optimizing the outcomes of a commercial process, such as quantitative finance, performance marketing, expert system design, routing algorithms, etc
• Ability to create & tune machine learning models to model probability and cluster users
• Professional development support (books, online courses, conferences, certifications, English classes, and clubs)
• Work in the comfortable office (no open space policy, nice relax/sports areas, spaciously bar/kitchen, shower, mini-laundry)
• Flexible working hours and WFH policy (upon agreement with the teammates)
• Home office setup compensation
• Competitive salary
• Variety of tea flavors, unlimited coffee, fruits, and free lunches